Call us now ! Send us an email N Main St Anderson United States

Back to Top

(864) 231-7333


Divorce and Separation
A divorce or separation can be emotionally and financially difficult. This process can also involve custody of children, issues concerning child support or visitation, property and debt division and other related issues. No two divorce or separation cases are alike and each case must be evaluated and prepared according the facts of that case and the law that applies to those facts. With more than 20 years of legal experiencen representing clients in Family Court cases, we can assist you through the
entire divorce/separation procedure. We will give you solid and knowledgeable legal advice and can devote the time and attention that your case requires. No matter what the circumstances, we can provide you
with the experience necessary to protect your interests and your rights throughout this difficult process.
Child Custody/Child Support/Visitation
Not every case in Family Court involves a divorce or separation. Sometimes, the parties are not married, but need to resolve custody, visitation or child support issues. Just like a divorce or separation, these cases can also be emotionally stressful. For more than 20 years, we have helped thousands of people achieve their desired results in these types of cases. Just as with a divorce or separation, you need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who can advise you and guide you through this stressful time in your life. You can be assured that we will protect your interests and your rights throughout your case.
Over the years, we have represented numerous people in adoption cases. Adoptions are very complex cases and you should be represented by an attorney who is knowledgeable of the various adoption statutes and rules that govern that process. If you are considering adoption, or have already made that decision, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you and guide you through the entire adoption process.
Name Change
We are frequently contacted- about "name changes" that are not related to a divorce case where a spouse sometimes asks to be restored to her maiden name. Just like an adoption, there are certain rules and statutes that must be strictly followed before a Family Court judge will order that a person's name can be changed. If you are considering legally changing your name, or have already made that decision, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you and guide you through this process.
Juvenile Cases
Sometimes, children under 18 are charged with crimes just like adults. These are handled through the Department of Juvenile Justice ("DJJ") and are generally heard in Family Court. There are many rules applicable in criminal cases that do not apply in juvenile cases. It is an entirely different procedure than when an adult is charged with a crime. Nevertheless, a child charged with a crime should receive the same attention to his or her case as an adult charged with the same crime. If your child has been charged with a crime, you should contact us immediately to ensure that he or she receives the full benefit of legal representation from the earliest possible moment. For more than 20 years, we have represented
minors in these types of cases and with our knowledge and experience, you can count on us to devote the necessary time and attention to this case and achieve the best result possible.
Last Will and Testament
A Last Will and Testament allows a person to determine how and where his or her estate assets will be distributed at death. Otherwise, the South Carolina Probate Code determines how that person's estate assets will be distributed. This may be entirely different from how a person would have chosen to
dispose of his or her assets. Therefore, it is important that a person have a Last Will and Testament. This can avoid many unnecessary and unintended issues and allows a person to carry out his or her final wishes.
Estate Administration
There is no way to ease the pain of the loss of a loved one. However, with more than 20 years of legal experience in probate administration and litigation, we can assist you through the probate process, which can sometimes seem overwhelming and confusing. This process may include, among other things, what assets are "estate assets," tax issues, creditor's claims or debts owed to a decedent. No matter what the circumstances, we are available to assist you with compassionate guidance through the entire probate process.
Contested Estates
Sometimes, there are disputes in an estate. This may concern the validity of a will, the construction of a will, issues regarding the validity of estate debts or determining the actual heirs of an estate. We have represented personal representatives, creditors, heirs and potential heirs numerous times over the years. With this experienced background, we will ensure that your interests are properly represented throughout the entire litigated process. With a vast knowledge of probate law, Mr. Phillips has even testified as an
expert witness in another state concerning the South Carolina Probate Code.
Guardianship, Conservatorships and Powers of Attorney
A durable power of attorney and/or a health care power of attorney are legal documents that gives one person the authority to make decisions and act of behalf of another person. These documents can only be executed by someone who is mentally competent to make such a decision. However, if a person fails to properly execute a durable power of attorney or a health care power of attorney, and then becomes incapacitated, a guardianship and/or a conservatorship is the legal method by which a Probate Court determines who will be appointed to make financial decisions and healthcare decisions of behalf of another person. We have more than 20 years of experience helping persons in these difficult situations.
We often work with family members or friends who are concerned about their loved ones and can guide them through the entire guardianship/ conservatorship process.

Depending on the situation, a person may require the appointment of a guardian, a conservator, or both. Guardians are appointed to ensure that an incapacitated person's health care, medical treatment and living arrangements are properly managed. Conservators are appointed to manage the financial affairs of an incapacitated person. Conservators may be appointed in a variety of cases, including when a person is no longer able to handle his or her own affairs, or when a minor child receives assets exceeding
$10,000.00 through an inheritance or a personal injury settlement. 

‚ÄčThroughout the course of his career, Mr. Phillips has often been appointed by the Probate Court to serve as a conservator when families are in dispute, or when someone has no one to serve in that capacity.
Personal Injury
If you have been the victim of another person's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. For more than 20 years, we have represented clients who have suffered injuries and damages from car wrecks, accidental shootings, and other negligent acts. Every personal injury case occurs in a different manner with a different set of facts. South Carolina law allows for the collection of medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and any impairment that may result from the negligent acts of another person. We can provide you with an honest assessment of your case and, if someone has injured you because of their negligence, you can expect us to devote the necessary time and attention to your case and recover the maximum benefit that you deserve.
Contact Information

  • Reload

  • 1100 North Main Street
    Anderson, SC 29621

    Member of the south Carolina Bar 1991